Buy cream rouges, powder rouges and liquid rouges now from Heinemann
The key factor in selecting the perfect rouge make-up is your skin tone. The following basic rule applies: the lighter your skin, the lighter the shade of the rouge. Extremely pale skin looks fresher with light orange shades, while dark skin goes well even with an intense red. There are also different textures of this make-up:
- Powder rouge like Clinique Blushing Blush is quick and simple to apply with a brush and easy to refresh while on the move. Due to its light texture, powder rouge is suitable for all skin types.
- Cream rouge has a firm texture, similar to a lipstick. Cream rouge is suitable for dry skin, which can easily become flaky with powder rouge. Cream rouge sticks, like the Blendable Lip & Cheek Color Sticks by Smashbox, are especially convenient.
- Liquid rouge is mainly used by make-up artists, as it needs to be applied quickly and precisely with the fingers. It provides bold and distinct highlights and is perfect for contouring.
Whether as a stick, or in a compact case or in a small bottle – you are sure to find your favourite rouge in the magnificent assortment of make-up available from Heinemann.
Rouge helps you showcase your face shape in all its perfection
The days when rouge was exclusively and liberally applied to the cheekbones are thankfully over. Today, rouge is used – not just by professional make-up artists – in a targeted way to contour the face and make the shape of the face appear more uniform.
- Oval face: oval-shaped faces are naturally uniform and benefit most from a touch of blush over and under the cheekbones, for example with Yves Saint Laurent Blush Volupté.
- Round face: to visually elongate a round-shaped face you can apply a thin stripe of rouge under the cheekbones and make it broader as you go towards the temples.
- Angular face: soften the sharp facial features by applying rouge vertically from the ear towards the chin instead of applying it from the ear towards the temples.
- Long face: a long-shaped face appears more uniform if you apply a little rouge horizontally to the cheekbones and also highlight the forehead and the chin lightly.
It is always useful to have several shades of rouge to choose from. A darker bronze shade for summers or for subtle highlights, a light blush like Sisley Orchidee for daily use and a shimmering rouge like Diorskin by Dior for evening make-up. Explore every styling option and discover wonderful rouges, foundations and much more online from the Heinemann Shop.