Data Protection Statement
Heinemann Australia Pty. Ltd. (ABN 36 159 521 338) ("we", “us” or “our”) recognises and values the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and complying with applicable privacy laws (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)).
Why we collect personal information
What personal information do we collect?
- Comply with Department of Home Affairs and Australian Border Force requirements;
- Process purchases on our Webshop and In-Store;
- Handling Customer Enquiries through our Customer Service centre; and
- Administer our Loyalty Program, Heinemann and Me
- name – (For “Shop & Collect”, “ Webshop” and Customer Service)
- telephone number
- email address
- age and birthdate - (Heinemann & ME)
- code for issuing country - (Nationality)
- flight number
- Airport or Crew ID
How we collect your personal information
- when you contact us (including our customer service centre)
- when you shop in our stores
- if you order a product from our Webshop
- via social media
- from competitions or promotions you have participated in
- from publicly available sources
- when you apply to work with us
- from Government bodies, enforcement and regulatory authorities
How we may use personal information
- any purpose you have consented to
- any related purpose related to one or more of our functions or activities
- marketing, event and promotional activities;
- market research
- recruitment purposes; and
- to comply with industry, legal and regulatory requirements
How we store personal information
How long do we retain your personal data for?
How you can control what we collect and how we use it
Access to information we hold about you
Correction of information we hold about you
Deletion of Data
Your Privacy on the Internet
Cookies and Local Storage
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Service.
- Analytical/performance cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Disclosure of your personal data
We will never sell your personal information.
Complaints and enquiries